- Store your crochet jewelry in a dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Store them as you would wear them, i.e. hang necklaces from a necklace holder if you have one, or lay them flat on a surface to preserve their form. Place them in a box or resealable bags to keep them from accumulating dust.
- Avoid wearing perfume over your jewelry pieces.
- Avoid getting them wet.
- If you must, clean the crocheted components of your jewelry pieces using a mild soap+water solution. Spot wash only, avoiding the metal components of the piece. Air dry. Do not dry under the sun or in the dryer.
- Keep the chains and other metal components clean and tarnish-free by wiping them with a soft, dry cloth after wearing and before storing them. You can use just a tiny bit of metal polish to keep the parts shiny.
- Keep them out of reach of pets and children.
Caring For Your Handmade Crochet Jewelry
Like any other costume jewelry, your handmade crochet jewelry and accessories will inevitably wear and tear. But with proper care and storage, you can make your handmade jewelry pieces last longer. Here are a few tips: